If you are looking for a hospital where you can have fun seeing interesting cases while making an impact in a community, read on. We are looking for a full- or part-time associate veterinarian to join our privately owned small animal practice. We provide high quality, affordable veterinary care to an underserved population with clients who are some of the most appreciative pet owners you will ever meet.
About Our Hospital
The Pet Health Center is located in one of Philadelphia’s most up and coming neighborhoods. The practice has been serving the community in this location for over 50 years but our facility is far from being outdated. We pride ourselves on taking care of not just our patients, but also their owners. We commit ourselves to building lasting relationships with our clients that will keep them loyal for generations to come.
We are open six days a week (except major holidays) with after hour emergency duty only required on a case by case basis. Although we work primarily by appointment, our clientele requires the provision of urgent and emergency services during normal business hours. Thus, our hospital is not a good fit for doctors who prefer perfectly structured work days and want to focus primarily on well care. One minute you may be explaining the benefits of heartworm testing, the next you may be performing an emergency C-section. Mentoring in surgery and doctor collaboration is available and encouraged, but the ability to work solo and quickly change gears to manage multiple cases at once is necessary.
Our equipment includes electronic record keeping through Cornerstone with digital Whiteboard, digital and dental x-ray, tonometry, a new iM3 high speed dental drill unit, in-house bloodwork machines, a microbiologic incubator, fluid and syringe pumps, anesthesia monitoring equipment w/ BP, EKG, respiration and more. We stay current with today’s latest client communication portals via IDEXX’s Petly client portal, Life Learn Documents, Vet Connect, and the commonly used social media platforms such as Facebook.
We all know quality pet care can get costly and many clients are not prepared for that large, unexpected vet bill. Along with Care Credit our multiple financing options have helped reduce financial obstacles, improving the quality of health care we can provide for their loved ones. This allows you as a doctor focus on what you do best, providing your clients and patients with the best care possible.
About our Community
The Riverwards District is experiencing a tremendous rebirth of economic success and re-development. These neighborhoods are considered some of the up and coming neighborhoods of Philadelphia, with great restaurants, shops and galleries all at your fingertips. Located only 1.5 miles from I-95 makes it easy to commute from many different locations, from Center City Philly to Bucks County and across the river from many New Jersey suburbs.
Who We Are Looking For
As mentioned before our practice is best suited for doctors who enjoy challenges and have a strong desire to push and grow all facets of their medical and surgical expertise. Our ideal candidate needs to be experienced, confident, calm under pressure, compassionate, efficient and, most importantly, an educator. Our staff and community crave knowledge and it will be your job to help deliver the information they need about what proper health care means as a Pet Health Center patient.
You will be responsible for mastering the skills necessary to perform a multitude of surgeries from your basic soft tissue procedures to the more challenging procedures like p/u’s and ear resections. You could even gain experience in orthopedics.
We expect our doctors to want to be a part of our community. This means attending community events and fundraisers, blogging about pet health care, and being willing to not only be an ambassador for the Pet Health Center, but the veterinary profession as a whole.
Other Skills/Qualifications our Associate Veterinary Candidate should possess:
- Veterinary degree from an accredited school along with DEA/USDA licensing for Pennsylvania
- Dentistry skills including dental radiography
- Nutrition and behavior Consultations
- Delivery of Preventive and Well Care
- Ability to handle high volume caseloads and manage multiple cases/rooms at once
- Surgical competencies, everything from routine spay/neuters to more extensive complicated procedures such as limb amputations, mastectomies and lateral ear resections.
- Experience in, or, a desire to learn how to treat reptiles, avian species, and small pocket pets helpful but not essential
- A desire to improve the client education experience through the use of integrative technology such as iPads, videos and other visual aides to educate clients during exams
- Proven track record of success reaching production numbers
- Excellent client and staff communication skills with efficient but compassionate “bedside” manner
- Professional appearance
What We Can Offer
- Competitive base salary, depending upon experience and qualifications along with production based bonuses
- Escalating Paid time off (PTO) scale
- Health insurance
- Dues for professional membership/licensing
- Subscription to VIN
- Continuing education allowance
- Flex Spending Account
- Healthy Living Incentive
- Free business cell phone service and phone through Sprint
- Access to LegalShield for personal legal consulting and identity theft protection
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Case fund allowance (funds to use to offset costs of interesting case you wish to tackle)
- Friendly, drama free cooperative working environment
- Opportunity for career growth and development
- An ownership team that is dedicated to the growth and success of all of our employees
- Our full appreciation and support for the care you provide our clients and patients
Together we can help make a difference for thousands of pet owners in the Philadelphia community. If you feel like you are up for the challenge or would like more information contact Dr. Podduturi or by calling (215) 739-6401.